One way to wrap up the summer is by celebrating National Chocolate Milkshake Day on Sept.12. There are many locations around Atlanta where you can get a good chocolate milkshake.
- Dairy Queen is a popular choice for people looking to enjoy a frozen treat. Dairy Queen has three chocolate milkshake flavors on their menu – frozen hot chocolate, chocolate shake and hot fudge shake. They also have multiple chocolate blizzard flavors. Along with milkshakes and blizzards, Dairy Queen serves burgers, chicken baskets, salads, fries and more. The closest Dairy Queen location to campus is 231 Peachtree St. NE Suite B71, Atlanta, Georgia, and has a 3.6 star review on Google.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar offers a variety of fun-themed milkshakes including The Mermaid, The Unicorn, Cookie Monster and S’more Than a Feeling. Midnight Train to Georgia is their chocolate specialty milkshake. They also serve cookie dough scoops, specialty bowls, ice cream and more. The Yard is located at 341 Marietta St. NW, Atlanta, Georgia. They have a 4.3 star review on Yelp.
- Sugar Baby Creamery is a black and Latina-owned rolled ice cream shop. They are located at 2625 Piedmont Road NE Suite 52B, Atlanta, GA. They have a 4 star rating on Google Reviews. Along with rolled ice cream, they serve milkshakes, cotton candy, funnel cakes and fried oreos. They serve exotic milkshakes and standard milkshakes. Their chocolate milkshake is on their standard milkshakes menu.
- The Varsity also serves chocolate milkshakes.The Varsity, established in 1928, is the world’s largest drive in restaurant. They serve chocolate milkshakes, along with vanilla and orange milkshakes. The Varsity also has hot dogs, hamburgers, onion rings, fried apple pie and more on their menu. They have seven locations across the Atlanta and Athens areas. The closest location to Georgia State’s campus is the downtown location at 61 North Ave., Atlanta, GA.
- Sweet-Stack Creamery is the closest ice cream restaurant to the dorms. It is located at 25 Piedmont Ave. NE, Atlanta, Georgia. They have many delicious flavors of ice cream, including vegan options. Their chocolate flavors are The Chocolate Fetish and The Real MVP. Vegan Chocolate is their dairy-free chocolate milkshake. Sweet-Stack Creamery has a 4.5-star review on Yelp.
There are plenty of options for vegans who want to celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake Day. While The Yard Milkshake Bar and Sweet Stack Creamery offer vegan options, Eighty7Sweets is an all-vegan restaurant.
- Eighty7Sweets Vegan Ice Cream Company offers a variety of ice cream flavors. They have received a perfect rating of 5 stars on Google reviews. The names of their flavors have Atlanta-based themes, like Buckhead Mocha and Edgewood Oreo. Their chocolate flavor is called Morehouse Chocolate. They are located at 56 Broadway Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia.
Celebrating National Chocolate Milkshake Day is as easy as ordering a delicious chocolate milkshake at any restaurant that serves it. Another great way to celebrate is to make a chocolate milkshake at home. Simple ingredients are needed – unsweetened cocoa, milk, vanilla extract, vanilla protein powder, a tablespoon of honey and ice. Enjoy National Chocolate Milkshake Day!